Road to 1.0

Dave Bialac dbialac at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 20 09:51:47 CDT 2007

Hi All

I've been following the list for about a year now, just reading and
learning.  Through this process, I've come to wonder about the
following question -- what should be the goal for Wine 1.0?  I know a
lot of development is focused around getting one particular
application or another to work, especially from the folks over at
Code Weavers, but with version numbers approaching 1.0, should there
not be a set goal of functionality?  My personal thought is that Wine
should head in the direction of 100% compatibility with a particular
version of Windows.  Anything that ran on that version should run on
Wine 1.0 with no problems.  Any thoughts?

Dave