Road to 1.0

Vit Hrachovy vit.hrachovy at sandbox.cz
Tue Mar 20 16:06:46 CDT 2007

Dan Kegel wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> I think the only viable way to drive for 1.0 is feature or applications
>> targets, with applications compatibility driving test cases and bug
>> fixing.
>
> Yes indeedy.  And the only reason I haven't jumped up
> and posted a proposed list of applications to support
> for 1.0 is that real app testing is gobs of work, more
> than we have resources for.
>
> The tests at http://cxtest.org could be an important part of the equation.
>
> FWIW, a couple of us have been puttering away on a scheme
> to make writing application regression testers easier.
> No promises, though.
> - Dan

AutoHotkey (http://www.autohotkey.com) seems to do very well.
I'm using it for automated installation of lots of Windows programs into
  WINE bottles as an initialization (something similar to winetricks).
It's very well documented, too.

Writing a series of batch scripts for automated testing is very easy.

In fact complete Wine-Doors / Winebot projects can serve for this
purpose too - as a repository of automated WINE tests.

Regards
Vit