On bugs and docs

Vitaliy Margolen wine-devel at kievinfo.com
Tue Mar 20 21:01:49 CDT 2007

Tom Spear wrote:
> On 3/20/07, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 3/20/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> What's wrong with the components (besides the possible lack of
>> components for some dlls) and the search page?
>
> Well just that some of them are not very clear, wine-binary for one.
> What would be an example of something that should go under that
> component?  Some are nonexistent, keyboard/mouse problems outside of
> games/dinput that dont cause a crash and aren't related to NLS..
> Perhaps a component for keyboard and mice input.  Although now that I
> think about it, dinput is a bit general too, because it handles so
> much.  dinput IMHO should be split into keyboard input, mouse input,
> and something else for joystick/gamepads/etc since there are different
> people that work on those 3 distinct parts of dinput.

Actually no. All those 3 parts are closer together then you think. And
if you search for dinput bugs you will get a whopping 16 open bugs. What
should be expanded is x11drv. It has 157 open bugs which could be
categorized better then that.

IMHO don't create any extra components until we really have a need for
it. As an example see rebar component which was created for Dan's effort
to get that part of the common controls fixed. However all bugs where
reclassified as wine-commtl32.

Vitaliy.