SoC idea: add BITS support

Kai Blin kai.blin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:37:24 CDT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 16:00, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Several applications require BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer
> Service). Adding an implementation of BITS would be quite useful.

This intrigued me, so I poked at the information on BITS a little. MSDN
provides some fluff about using it, but doesn't give very much information
interesting for implementing the COM interface, what a surprise.

Anyway, I don't know what shape our iphlpapi is in, but I think it should be
possible to at least get the basic features working in the context of a SoC
project. Advanced features like authentication seem to rely on SPNEGO (MSDN
calls it Snego, which is interesting, as all other MS papers I know call it
Negotiate) to negotiate Kerberos or NTLM, and that's not there yet. Then
again, I wouldn't call this a necessary feature.

Go for it, people, only three days to do some more research on this. :)

Cheers,
Kai

--
Kai Blin, <kai Dot blin At gmail Dot com>
WorldForge developer    http://www.worldforge.org/