automatically running wineprefixcreate

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:35:49 CDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/22/07, James Hawkins <truiken at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Like Alexandre said, users shouldn't be moving drive_c itself, only
> > .wine.  And if you do move drive_c, you need to know what you're
> > doing.  For the average user, moving .wine only requires changing
> > WINEPREFIX, no symlinks needed.
> >

> Ok, so then perhaps we should remove that "feature" of winecfg.
>
> > If they read the docs, then they'd know that WINEPREFIX takes care of
> > all of this.  Did you read the docs?
> >
> > http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine

By the way, I just looked over the docs (the wine users guide
anyways), and even did a search on all of winehq and the only place
that WINEPREFIX came up in the search was under the mailing list
archives, and I didn't see any mention of it in the user's guide.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email