automatically running wineprefixcreate

Tom Spear speeddymon at
Thu Mar 22 13:35:49 CDT 2007

On 3/22/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at> wrote:
> On 3/22/07, James Hawkins <truiken at> wrote:
> > Like Alexandre said, users shouldn't be moving drive_c itself, only
> > .wine.  And if you do move drive_c, you need to know what you're
> > doing.  For the average user, moving .wine only requires changing
> > WINEPREFIX, no symlinks needed.
> >
> Ok, so then perhaps we should remove that "feature" of winecfg.
> > If they read the docs, then they'd know that WINEPREFIX takes care of
> > all of this.  Did you read the docs?

By the way, I just looked over the docs (the wine users guide
anyways), and even did a search on all of winehq and the only place
that WINEPREFIX came up in the search was under the mailing list
archives, and I didn't see any mention of it in the user's guide.

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!