Build script for older RPM distros

Lei Zhang thestig at google.com
Thu Mar 22 14:12:40 CDT 2007

Hi,

It looks like we have not been doing a good job of maintaining Wine
RPMs for older RH (derived) systems. On the Wine download page
(http://www.winehq.org/site/download) the text link for RH/Fedora is a
404, and the icon links to an out of date page:
http://www.winehq.org/site/download-rh.

Does anyone want to do the builds for these systems? I wrote a script
to automate building RPMs for RH 9 / RHEL 3 / CentOS 4. The script
checks against the git web interface for the latest version of Wine,
and it will download and build Wine if it finds a new release. One
just need to have a working copy of the target OS and put the script
in a cron job.

http://linux.ucla.edu/~leiz/software/wine/wine_rpmbuild.sh.txt

- Lei