Supreme Commander Up and running!

Markus kde at
Thu Mar 22 16:26:06 CDT 2007

On Thursday 22 March 2007 18:16, you wrote:
> On 22/03/07, Markus <kde at> wrote:
> > Any chance instancing will be implemented any time soon?
> We've got instancing support, although there may be bugs. That
> particular datatype isn't supported though. I'm not sure how hard it
> would be to implement this, and if perhaps there are any extensions we
> could use.
I've done some searching on the net for an instancing extension and two seem
to exist:
An older NVidia specific extension "NVX_instanced_arrays"

and a newer "ext_draw_instanced" which seems to be more "official". I've
however read several times that it apparently only works on 8800 series cards
or newer.

Possibly nothing new to you folks but maybe it saves some time on research.