SoC Idea: Improve video support

Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes alex at thehandofagony.com
Fri Mar 23 20:29:18 CDT 2007

I really want to participate in Google's Summer of Code, but I realize I don't
have much time left to find a suitable project.  What I am thinking of is to
improve Wine's capability of playing videos in games, first by fixing mciavi
so it can play the Worms 2 intro films (bug 4256), and then hopefully
progessing to fixing bugs in quartz/devenum, like crashes in Worms Armageddon
or playback in WMP9.
Is this too ambitious considering that I don't really have much experience
with C and Wine?  The
closest I have gotten is some patches for Wine's WordPad implementation.

Regards,

Alexander N. Sørnes