SoC idea: Tablet PC support (was: pressure sensitive tablet support)

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 23 20:57:42 CDT 2007

On 3/21/07, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> While looking around for a project idea, I noticed that people
> are starting to ask for pressure sensitive tablet support in
> Photoshop on Wine.  Seems like it could be a fun project
> for some Summer of Code student.

Update: wintab32 is already implemented in Wine,
but there's a new API being pushed by Microsoft
for Tablet PC applications.  So the idea is instead
"Get Tablet PC applications working on Wine", focusing
on Tablet PC apps that offer pressure sensitivity, say.

(I thought that FIrefox's GeckoTip extension used
the new tablet PC APIs, but after looking at the
source, I'm not so sure... I'm sure there are lots of
good demo apps somewhere.)

This assumes that Tablet PC apps don't yet work on
Wine.  I haven't tried... the place to start is probably
to get the Tablet PC SDK (a free download if you have
Windows) and start playing with it.
- Dan