Road to 1.0

Alexandre Julliard julliard at
Sun Mar 25 12:53:02 CDT 2007

"Dan Kegel" <dank at> writes:

> Alexandre wrote:
>> That's still the plan, yes. I'm mostly waiting for the games
>> support to stabilize; the other main areas, office apps and
>> installers, both seem in good enough shape at this point.
> I suppose it depends on your definition of "office apps".
> Adobe Acrobat Pro and Quicken don't work yet, and
> they get used in a lot of offices.

Clearly there will always be "office" apps that don't work, the
question for the code freeze is whether we have all the pieces we
need; I don't think there's a major feature at this point that would
prevent typical office apps from working. Now, whether a specific app
works is a different question, but as long as it only requires bug
fixes it can be addressed after the freeze, or on the stable branch
after 1.0.

Alexandre Julliard
julliard at