Game road to 1.0

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at gmx.at
Sun Mar 25 14:32:09 CDT 2007

> Essentially, they completely broke the rendering engine by hard-coding
> assumptions about where the camera would be into the driver.  Move the
> camera slightly (such as in the developer version of 3D Mark), and
> everything is a garbled mess.
OK, I take the optimizations back, I didn't know what exactly they were doing.

What I was thinking about when I talked about a performance slider a few days
ago was playing around with some glHint parameters, or the worst thing,
giving the user the ability to force drawStridedFast instead of
drawStridedSlow, but that would be close to what nvidia was doing here(if the
story is true).