kernel32: MultiByteToWideChar: MB_USEGLYPHCHARS fix

Andrew O. Shadoura bugzilla at tut.by
Sun Mar 25 14:58:39 CDT 2007

Hello, Robert!

Tuesday, March 13, 2007, 16:35:49, you wrote:

RS> Andrew O. Shadoura wrote:
>> MB_USEGLYPHCHARS  Use glyph characters instead of control characters.
>> 'control characters' in this context are _Unicode_ characters below U+0020.
>> dst is a pointer to WCHAR string - this means it is Unicode string. So,
>> we don't need to take into account any codepages, because codepage of dst
>> is Unicode

RS> Yes, you're right. However, like Dmitry said, I think this should be
RS> implemented in the in libs/wine instead of MultiByteToWideChar.

Excuse me for late answer :)
I think this can be left in MultiByteToWideChar, because this parameter only
affects output of this function, and there's no need to include it into
libs/wine/mbtowc.c. And one more thing is that we need to copy these three
lines into wine_cpsymbol_mbstowcs, wine_cp_mbstowcs and wine_utf8_mbstowcs.
So, I think, it'd be better to leave this code in MultiByteToWideChar.

P.S. What should I do for my patch to be added into WINE?

 -- WBR, Andrew O. Shadoura

--- PolySoft Station
 * Origin: Programming in progress... (2:4500/1.25)