More Direct3D settings in winecfg (was: Enabling GLSL in winecfg)

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Thu Mar 29 05:59:07 CDT 2007

On Thu, Mar 29, 2007 at 12:25:31PM +0200, Vit Hrachovy wrote:

> Please share Your opinion.

ok you asked for it ;)

> Available Video Memory (text input box)
> ----------------------
> User will input here the RAM size of his graphic card. According to
> Stefan: "There are vendor dependent ways to read it, but implementing
> them is pretty nasty(requires some private to winex11.drv). Altough we
> had that discussion a number of times already and we only agreed on a
> registry key so far."

go for it! since there where a registry key for this i had to fix it
source every time. there are games out there that wont work without
proper setting (e.g. Richard Burns Rally in my case 1600x1200). a text
input is simple and easy - everyone, who does not know what to do will
leave it alone and the others will see the wrong number and fix it.
later when there are better ways to acquire this number one still might
be able to change/correct it there if the algorithms fail or for people
with graphics-cards, that does not allow reading the value.

> Enable GLSL  (checkbox)
> GLSL should be made default in 1.0. However, according to Stefan: "some
> drivers(*cough* macos *cough*) have serious problems with glsl". Until
> there is a specification in 1.0 requirements that these issues have to
> be resolved prior 1.0, this checkbox would be useful even past 1.0.

dont go for it! if it is supposed to be the default enable it and keep
the key for the developers. for osx: change the default at compile time
using autohell?

--
cu