Question about OpenAL

Stefan Dösinger stefandoesinger at
Thu Mar 29 12:24:48 CDT 2007

Am Donnerstag 29 März 2007 17:38 schrieb Mike Schaadt:
> Is there any interest in adding OpenAL to Wine?  I would imagine it's
> relatively simple to implement the OpenAL dll that would be a simple
> wrap around the Linux OpenAL library assuming they have the same
> functionality(from what I know of OpenAL, they should).
Such a DLL was written already by nick burns, but not yet accepted into wine
because it broke applications using openal and wasn't ready for prime time

Seach the wine-patches archives for "openal thunk". I think there was consent
that a thunk should go in, but a driver comparably to our alsa backend

Some stuff google finds:
Oldest version:

My first mail with a simmilar suggestion:

Some more updated patch:

The latest patch I could find: