Allow enabling/disabling Direct3D usage of GLSL in Winecfg + update Czech locales for Winecfg

Tom Wickline twickline at
Thu Mar 29 18:34:40 CDT 2007

On 3/29/07, H. Verbeet <hverbeet at> wrote:
> On 29/03/07, Ivan Gyurdiev <ivg231 at> wrote:
> > Do you want to make it easy to configure GLSL, or make it easy to enable
> > GLSL?
> > In other words, can you enumerate the cases where one would disable GLSL?
> > Should those be in a document somewhere on the wiki as blockers to 1.0
> > (since GLSL default was pointed out as a 1.0 requirement)?
> > Do we expect this option to be around for a long time?
> >
> > I don't see consensus to add these options in the referenced thread - if
> > more testing exposure is needed, why not just enable this by default?
> >
> IMO the only reasons for having this option would be for specifically
> testing the ARB backend, or working around broken drivers. I don't
> think either warrants an option in winecfg.

I agree, if you add GLSL why not add everything?
DirectDrawRenderer, RenderTargetLockMode, Nonpower2Mode,
OffscreenRenderingMode and have a D3D tab?

Why not take this a step further and add the ability to force
drawStridedFast instead of drawStridedSlow ? This would be really nice

IMHO if we add one of the many options that are available we should
add all of them...

> The video memory setting could be useful though, since I don't think
> we're going to solve that soon.

Tom Wickline

Respectable computing - Linux/FOSS