Corrupted system.reg in clustered environment - where to look?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Fri Mar 30 08:51:35 CDT 2007

<Alexander.Farber at nokia.com> writes:

> I've tried adding file locking using fcntl() (which should
> work over NFS too) by modifiyng load_registry() and
> save_registry() as in the attached diff, but unfortunately
> it doesn't help.

For the standard registry files you'd have to do it in
load_init_registry_from_file() and save_branch(). It still won't
prevent one server from overwriting changes made by others of course.

> Why updating registry is needed at all and can I disable
> it maybe? (And where would be the good spot to do that?)

If you make the WINEPREFIX directory and the registry files read-only
that should prevent the server from updating them.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org