Is Wine a platform for Codeweaver to make money?! Please help me understand.

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 10:23:45 CDT 2007

I agree that wine should be able to run office out of the box, but I
also agree with most of the developers' goals, which is to rewrite the
windows api (that is my interpretation, and slimmed down at that).  It
is unfortunate that office doesn't work, but in order to make sure the
api is clean and we replicate windows, bugs and all, we can't have
hacks in the main source tree.  Having more people get involved is
always worth it, and ideas such as yours are not a waste of the
developers' time.  Unfortunately linux adoption has not become
widespread enough for most people simply because the driver support
for all the little gismos and gadgets is not there, and it doesnt just
work, which is what most people want, and so without the LUB
incerasing, the WUB will not increase.

Tom

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email