Stub for all raw input functions

Kovács András andras at csevego.net
Fri Mar 30 11:04:38 CDT 2007

2007. március 30. 13.28 dátummal ezt írta:
> "Kovács András" <andras at csevego.net> wrote:
> > +LRESULT WINAPI DefRawInputProc( PRAWINPUT *paRawInput, INT nInput, UINT
> > cbSizeHeader ) +{
> > +    FIXME("(paRawInput=%p, nInput=%d, cbSizeHeader=%d) stub!\n",
> > *paRawInput, nInput, cbSizeHeader); +
> > +    return S_OK;
> > +}
>
> Although MSDN documents that on success DefRawInputProc returns S_OK,
> that's most likely a misguided documenters error: S_OK is an HRESULT
> and an OLE error value, while it's user32 and return type is LRESULT.
> So IMO simply returning 0 should be OK here.
>
> > +BOOL WINAPI RegisterRawInputDevices( PRAWINPUTDEVICE pRawInputDevices,
> > UINT uiNumDevices, UINT cbSize ) +{
> > +    FIXME("(pRawInputDevices=%p, uiNumDevices=%d, cbSize=%d) stub!\n",
> > pRawInputDevices, uiNumDevices, cbSize); +
> > +    return TRUE;
> > +}
>
> Probably this stub should return FALSE.
I decided to return this stub TRUE, because Rayman Raving Rabbids won't start
otherwise. It won't hurt, because app just won't get WM_INPUT messages.

> > +UINT WINAPI GetRawInputBuffer( PRAWINPUT pData, PUINT pcbSize, UINT
> > cbSizeHeader ) +{
> > +    FIXME("(pData=%p, pcbSize=%p, cbSizeHeader=%d) stub!\n", pData,
> > pcbSize, cbSizeHeader); +
> > +    return 0;
> > +}
>
> MSDN says that an error indicator is -1, not 0, same as for others raw
> input APIs.

Same as the another function, I just represent, that nothing will be returned.
This function won't be called, because app will call if it received a WM_INPUT
message.
--
Kovács András (andras)
andras at csevego.net