Corrupted system.reg in clustered environment - where to look?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Fri Mar 30 11:53:46 CDT 2007

Alexander.Farber at nokia.com wrote:
> [I use wine on multiple machines with ~/.wine shared via NFS,
>  and after a while, the registry is corrupt.]

Well, if it hurts, don't do it :-)
Seriously.  NFS is not a good place to put WINEPREFIX.
In my testing, it causes serious performance problems.
And NFS file locking has been broken from day 1.
They keep trying to make it work, but it's never
going to make you happy.

So why not take the easy way out, and put WINEPREFIX
on local disk?  Surely you can do this.  If you really
need the Wine applications to share data, you can
do it by creating D: or some directory in C: as a shared
folder.  Just don't share everything.
- Dan