What's the long term plan for 64 bit support?

Scott Ritchie scott at open-vote.org
Wed May 2 18:16:01 CDT 2007

In the (distant) future, will we support building Wine with both 64 bit
and 32 bit libraries, and then the same Wine installation will run both
64 bit and 32 bit apps?  As I understand it, this is the way Windows
does in its 64 bit versions.

I ask because there's a question of how to name the Wine packages for
the 64 bit distribution - there's a standard of naming 32 bit packages
something like "wine32", but if we're eventually going to have a unified
multiarch package then we can still go with just keeping it as "wine"

Thanks,
Scott Ritchie