What's the long term plan for 64 bit support?

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu May 3 05:14:41 CDT 2007

Scott Ritchie <scott at open-vote.org> writes:

> But why have separate packages if the problem lies in wineserver?  Once
> we figure out how to make wineserver intelligently handle the issue,
> then we can package the apps together.  Until then, we're best off
> packaging just the 32 bit version, since we can't have two wineservers
> for two different packages.

At the Wine level there's no specific requirement, it should support
either one package or two, that's really up to you and to the
packaging guidelines for the target platform. All Wine will need is to
know where the files are, so the loader and tools know where to find
the 32-bit libraries, and the 32-bit loader knows where to find the
64-bit wineserver.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org