Unsecured API functions

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:10:01 CDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 May 2007 23:16, Tom Spear wrote:
> Noone should use gets(). There are lots of better alternatives. For the other
> deprecated functions, there are ways to check that the input is valid before
> calling it, iirc.

I agree that nobody uses it, and that there are better alternatives, I
was just using it as an example.  You are correct, though about there
being ways to check the input.

> As far as imnplementing the secured functions in Wine, I have yet to see a
> program that's failing because it tries to use one of them.

I do agree that we shouldnt implement it until a program fails.   I
know I worded the email wrong.  I was actually just wondering if we
had any plans to implement them in the future and if we had the
resources to do that.

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!