Unsecured API functions

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 3 17:10:01 CDT 2007

On 5/3/07, Kai Blin <kai.blin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thursday 03 May 2007 23:16, Tom Spear wrote:
>
> Noone should use gets(). There are lots of better alternatives. For the other
> deprecated functions, there are ways to check that the input is valid before
> calling it, iirc.

I agree that nobody uses it, and that there are better alternatives, I
was just using it as an example.  You are correct, though about there
being ways to check the input.

> As far as imnplementing the secured functions in Wine, I have yet to see a
> program that's failing because it tries to use one of them.

I do agree that we shouldnt implement it until a program fails.   I
know I worded the email wrong.  I was actually just wondering if we
had any plans to implement them in the future and if we had the
resources to do that.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email