Old Autocad trials?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sun May 6 01:03:39 CDT 2007

On 5/5/07, L. Rahyen <research at science.su> wrote:
> [The worst problem with supporting Autocad is going to be the copy protection.]

Yeah, probably.  It looks like they used C-Dilla (aka safecast) from 2000 or
so to 2005 or so.  http://wiki.winehq.org/SafeDisc gives hope that Wine
will support safedisc one of these days.  Until then, at least I can make
sure there aren't any installer bugs in the free trials.

> > Before I go wild buying old autocad books from Amazon,
> > does anyone out there have old copies of Autocad
> > (full or trial) they'd be willing to send me for testing?
>
>         I recommend you to search these programs in file sharing systems.

I'd rather not; running high-value commercial software from strangers
gives me the willies.  I'd rather get it from an authoritative source.
- Dan