Drop-in replacement of windows dll's?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Tue May 8 11:34:30 CDT 2007

I just remembered reading somewhere (wiki, perhaps?) that the ultimate
goal of wine (aside from documenting the windows api, etc) was to
provide open-source drop-in replacements for windows' core dll's.  If
that is the case, do we have a framework setup for building the wine
dlls as windows .dll files, so that we could test the actual status of
this?

I think it would be interesting to see how much of windows will run
with wine's dlls in their current state.  Obviously it would be bad to
test this with something like user32.dll, etc, but something like
riched32 and maybe some of the common controls dlls should be ok to
test with?

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email