Drop-in replacement of windows dll's?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:50:11 CDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Steven Edwards <winehacker at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/8/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just remembered reading somewhere (wiki, perhaps?) that the ultimate
> > goal of wine (aside from documenting the windows api, etc) was to
> > provide open-source drop-in replacements for windows' core dll's.  If
> > that is the case, do we have a framework setup for building the wine
> > dlls as windows .dll files, so that we could test the actual status of
> > this?
>
> Google around for posts by me and other about build wine with mingw.
> I've been meaning to document it for years but never gotten around to
> it. You either need to build on windows with a mingw or have two trees
> on Linux, one with the host tools and the other configured for the
> cross-compiler.

That would be the framework.  I appreciate the response.  Is this
something that either now or in the future will be officially
supported by wine, or even a true goal of wine, or is it more of a
side project for you and some others?

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email