Drop-in replacement of windows dll's?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Tue May 8 17:13:03 CDT 2007

On 5/8/07, Thorsten Kani <beebix at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi Tom
>
> Please read through wwn244 and 245.
>
> If i remenber correctly, at that time common controls from wine wont
> work out of the box.
> I had to apply reactos patches to them and had to binary patch sfc.dll
> on windows.

Thanks for the info.  I have sfc completely removed from my windows
system (as in sfc.dll doesnt even exist) via a nifty little windows
component remover.  I didnt expect for the common controls to work out
of the box, but it would be interesting to see how close we come.
I'll try the various things mentioned here when I get time (dont know
when that will be), and post results on the wiki, unless someone beats
me to the punch.

--
Thanks

Tom

Check out this new 3D Instant Messenger called IMVU.  It's the best I
have seen yet!

http://imvu.com/catalog/web_invitation.php?userId=1547373&from=power-email