kernel32: Implement most of CopyFileEx

Dan Kegel dank06 at kegel.com
Fri May 11 08:48:24 CDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Kevin Koltzau <kevin at plop.org> wrote:
> On Monday 07 May 2007 11:50 pm, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > You don't have a conformance test, nor was there one for CopyFile.
> > Maybe you should consider writing one, and making sure it passes
> > both on Wine and Windows.
>
> There is a test for CopyFile in kernel32/tests/file.c

Dang, missed that.  (I miss a lot of stuff lately.)

>if I can find some time
> I plan to flesh it out further, but since CopyFile just calls CopyFileEx it
> is at least partly testing this code.

Yeah, but it doesn't test the feature you needed it for.
If Alexandre doesn't accept the patch in a few days,
you should probably add a better test, that helps
convince him.

> > Say, what app is this for?
>
> Romcenter - http://www.romcenter.com/

I don't see a bug in bugzilla for that, but a problem is mentioned in
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=6666
Does your patch fix that problem?

Filing a good bug report in bugzilla for the problem your patch solves,
and then referring to it from your patch, will also
help get your patch accepted.