problems regression testing/compiling wine

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at
Mon May 14 05:57:52 CDT 2007

Saulius Krasuckas wrote:
> * On Sun, 13 May 2007, Louis Lenders wrote:
>>* EA Durbin <ead1234 <at>> writes:
>>>No, that doesn't help, i've tried distclean, git clean -x, the usual
>>>make clean, and nothing works. Regression testing seems borked passed
>>>two bisects.
>>I know I had the same problem, and somehow i got around it, but i forgot how ;(
>>maybe "rm -rf */*/*.def" from wine's source tree.
> I tend to agree on this guess.  But once regression interval starts
> occupying Wine versions delta >= 1, usually I do:
> $ rm -rf dlls/;  git checkout -f
> after every
> $ git bisect [bad|good]
> and before running ./configure .
Cleaner would be to use a separate build directory which you can remove
before each $SOURCE_DIR/configure. I use a short script that does all
those steps for me.

Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111
Red Hat GmbH                    Email: mstefani at
Hauptstaetterstr. 58
D-70178 Stuttgart