mentoring

James Liggett jrliggett at cox.net
Mon May 14 21:12:53 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-14 at 20:33 -0400, Ivan Gyurdiev wrote:
> >  What Stefan says about discussing patches
> > is true--it helps if there's not a lot of debate around a patch.
> >
> This quote should go down in the history of open source :)
> I hope the word you're looking for is "controversy".

Yeah, "controversy" would work, But, debate and controversy are
essentially the same thing, aren't they? :) Put simply, if no one can
agree on what the right way is, we're not going to go anywhere, are we?
That's why we have a maintainer like Alexandre--to help lay down the law
and keep the project on track.

To clarify, what I really meant was that maybe Tom should wait a bit
until said controversy is resolved before messing with this stuff so he
doesn't waste his time.