Direct X 10 game demo

Tom Spear speeddymon at
Wed May 16 09:25:02 CDT 2007

On 5/15/07, EA Durbin <ead1234 at> wrote:
> The lost planet demo utilizing Direct X 10 is out, for those of you
> interested in developing/testing Direct X 10.

I'm curious.  When we do start work on DX10, are we going to set it up
so that it will only work if the user uses winver ~= vista or greater,
or will it be available for all winvers that are capable of supporting

I'd like to see (a few years from now obviously), if it would be
possible to use wine's directx to play a dx10 game on winxp, since Ms
is not going to make dx10 for xp..