configure error on OpenBSD

Vortechz Anderson utg_vrtz at yahoo.se
Sat May 19 14:27:38 CDT 2007

I am trying to port wine to OpenBSD, or at least
trying to make it build and not segfault upon
execution...

(This bug is a minor issue compared to some ld.so
trouble I have run into. I'd be happy to know about
differences between Net/Free/OpenBSD ld.so)

configure output:

configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h: present but cannot
be compiled
configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h:     check for
missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h: see the Autoconf
documentation
configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h:     section "Present
But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h: proceeding with the
preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: sys/sysctl.h: in the future, the
compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ##
------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to
wine-devel at winehq.org ##
configure: WARNING:     ##
------------------------------------ ##

Some rows from config.log:

In file included from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:46,
                 from conftest.c:106:
/usr/include/sys/ucred.h:49: error: `NGROUPS'
undeclared here (not in a function
)
In file included from /usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:47,
                 from conftest.c:106:
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:65: error: `MAXLOGNAME'
undeclared here (not in a functi
on)
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:91: error: syntax error before
"int"
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:215: error: syntax error
before "sigset_t"
/usr/include/sys/proc.h:230: error: `MAXCOMLEN'
undeclared here (not in a function)
In file included from conftest.c:106:
/usr/include/sys/sysctl.h:327: error: `MAXLOGNAME'
undeclared here (not in a function)

I managed to get around this by including
sys/param.h in the sys/proc.h and sys/ucred.h headers
but I'm not sure that's the right approach. Wine
developers wouldn't benefit from such patches anyway.

I have tried to change configure.ac properly but it
seems that I can't get it right...

// V.A.

P.S.

Adding sys/proc and sys/ucred to header list and
checking for param.h dependency is not sufficient:

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sys/proc.h],,,
    [#if HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H
     # include <sys/param.h>
     #endif])

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([sys/ucred.h],,,
    [#if HAVE_SYS_PARAM_H
     # include <sys/param.h>
     #endif])

With these addons, both proc and ucred fails.
D.S.

Flyger tiden iväg? Fånga dagen med Yahoo! Mails
inbyggda
kalender. Dessutom 250 MB gratis, virusscanning och
antispam. Få den på: http://se.mail.yahoo.com