msi ole automation: where to next?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon May 21 15:49:46 CDT 2007

On 5/21/07, Misha Koshelev <mk144210 at bcm.edu> wrote:
> I guess the bottom line is I don't mind eventually implementing _all_
> the automation functions as long as I know that I'm not just wasting my
> time ...

I doubt anyone knows the complete set of those functions
that actually get used by real-world installers.

I think your choice is either a) keep plugging along on msi
automation on the theory that it's good for msi in general
and might help a few as yet unknown apps, or b) put this
on the back burner and go work on something known to
be blocking some app you care about.
- Dan