New winetricks: add support for Red Hat's liberation fonts

Scott Ritchie scott at
Thu May 24 13:22:01 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 08:28 -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> On 5/24/07, Brian Vincent <brian.vincent at> wrote:
> > I haven't even looked at that stuff at all, but does Wine have any
> > fonts worth contributing to that cause?  (Marlett?)
> Red Hat's Liberation font is a single-source thing done by a pro, so
> probably not.
> > Is it worth
> > creating a link within winecfg to download and install these somehow?
> > Good fonts can really help the user experience with Wine.
> No, it would be better to have Wine install the fonts by default
> once they are proven useful, I think.
> I added them to winetricks so people could experiment with
> them (slightly) more easily.
> - Dan

I'm pretty sure the proper place for these fonts is as a separate distro
package - perhaps one that Wine can depend on.

If the liberation fonts aren't yet being packed up in Ubuntu, I'll see
about adding a new package for them.

Scott Ritchie