Status regarding the recent Appdb vandalism

Chris Morgan chmorgan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 19:15:28 CDT 2007

Yep, that account was created by the person who was deleting things
from the appdb.

As of right now the appdb site is back online, the account we suspect
was used to delete the data has been removed, the 'roop' account isn't
present and most everything appears to be back, except the screenshots
that we had no backup of.

I've also added a comment to the appdb main page to explain the
downtime and what we plan to do to improve things. Anyone interested
in hacking in php on the appdb is welcome to get in touch with me,
there is plenth to hack on ;-)

Also, I'll be updating the cron script so we can remove the screenshot
entries that have no corresponding screenshot file.

Chris