Bug triage, or spam?

James Hawkins truiken at gmail.com
Thu May 31 12:00:38 CDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Tom Spear <speeddymon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I just have a quick question..
>
> I got a message from someone last night asking me to stop closing bugs
> because I'm spamming the list, however I also received a message from
> someone a couple of nights ago thanking me for doing bug triage..
> Which is it, and if it is both, then what draws the line between
> triage and spam, and how do I close stale bugs without it being
> considered spam?

Marking bugs as closed has nothing to do with bug triage.  Triaging
bugs would be a really helpful thing, but mass-closing bugs does
nothing but give subscribers a whole lot of emails to delete.  We
don't keep track of stats like other projects, so there's really no
point to blindly close all bugs that are resolved, instead of closing
bugs on a case by case basis.

> since invalid isnt really "resolved", and neither is works for me

But closing these bugs somehow makes them "resolved" for you?

--
James Hawkins