Bug triage, or spam?

Tom Spear speeddymon at gmail.com
Thu May 31 17:36:45 CDT 2007

On 5/31/07, Jesse Allen <the3dfxdude at gmail.com> wrote:
> Remember that this is only my opinion. Other people handle things a
> little different. It is probably true that the two recent bugs you
> mentioned I would have closed, but it was only resolved. It's just how
> it was handled. If you want to close bugs that are clearly done with
> like that, it's fine by me. And I do close bug reports with other
> status too, if it's one I really don't want to see again.
>
> If it's clear why you are closing bugs, it's all fine by me, whatever it is.
Just to clarify my reasoning, because I just now thought about the
_real_ reasoning lol, I often look thru lists of bugs that are
resolved as fixed and (although i havent done it in a few years, i was
going to start again), post a message to ask if the reporter can
confirm if it is fixed.  So I was closing bugs that were
invalid/abandoned/dupe/worksforme so that they wouldnt show in the
lists of resolved bugs, so its less I have to sort thru....

--
Thanks

Tom