shdocvw question

Allan Tong actong88 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 20:13:44 CDT 2007

The attached patch should fix the crash in bug #6120, but I'm afraid I
don't understand enough to know if the patch is correct or not.  The
code that the patch removes was setting the client site pointer to
NULL.  A later dereference on that pointer causes the crash.  I guess
I don't understand why the client site pointer is being explicitly set
to NULL.  Shouldn't Release handle that when the reference count
reaches zero?

 - Allan