Linux/Windows app connection, how?

Joshua Scholar joshscholar at nightstudies.net
Sun Nov 4 19:48:51 CST 2007

I really want to have some way to communicate between a Linux program and
a Windows program running under WINE.  The connection doesn't need to be
high speed, a stream is fine - I'm just sending some unicode text.  I'm
writing both programs myself, so I can implement this in the easiest way,
though if there was some way to create and call a Windows COM object from
Linux, that would be the most direct solution...

But reading what I can about WINE, I'm guessing that the only easy thing
to do is to write a Windows server application with winegcc and either
connect to it through a socket - or to have it spawn a Linux application
that it has a stream to.  But I need some sample code to know how to do
this, since I don't have too much time to experiment.

Just to make it clear why I'm doing this - I have some wonderful TTS
voices (Neospeech's SAPI5 Japanese voices) installed in WINE and I need
to be able to invoke them from a Linux program.

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Joshua Scholar