xrun handling in winealsa.drv

Maarten Lankhorst m.b.lankhorst at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 10:27:38 CST 2007

Hello Timofei,

Timofei V. Bondarenko schreef:
> I've noticed the winealsa does not handle alsa XRUNs.
> In the case of XRUN application hangs.

I'm aware of the xrun problems in alsa at least the accelerated parts
(dsoutput/dscapture), it's been on my todo list for a while but I've
been busy lately. The problems with the accelerated parts are not the
underruns themselves. They are handled correctly in the places where it
matters. The problem is how the underruns are handled in the directsound
software mixer. I haven't taken a look yet at how underruns are handled
for the not-accelerated system, but I believe that the chance of a
underrun there is already very low because buffers there usually have a
latency of at least 300ms.

Regards,
Maarten.