Valgrind results for Nov 12 & 13

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Nov 15 03:02:46 CST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 10:16 PM, Dmitry Timoshkov
> While looking at the valgrind reports above I noticed that a lot of
> warnings are triggered in NTDLL_queue_process_apc by the fact that
> not the whole apc_call_t union is initialized before passing it to
> the server. In contrast SERVER_START_REQ always initializes
> __server_request_info to 0 before the client starts to fill the fields.
> Probably that's the question to Alexandre whether we should memset(0)
> apc_call_t before filling it, or just ignore valgrind warnings.

Oh, he'd undoubtedly prefer ignoring to memsetting.
But he would like it even better if we can
avoid sending unneeded bytes.  Are the extra
bytes at the end (they ought to be)?  If so,
whatever decides how many bytes to send could
be just a bit smarter.
- Dan

p.s. the mailing list archives seem to be not archiving new messages :-(