Valgrind results for Nov 12 & 13

Dmitry Timoshkov dmitry at codeweavers.com
Thu Nov 15 00:16:49 CST 2007

"Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel.com> wrote:

> It seems that valgrind doesn't like Ubuntu 7.10; I had
> to drop back to my Feisty system to generate good
> valgrind stack dumps.  And the tests didn't hang once!
>
> Results for the last two days are at
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/20071112/
> http://kegel.com/wine/valgrind/20071113/

While looking at the valgrind reports above I noticed that a lot of
warnings are triggered in NTDLL_queue_process_apc by the fact that
not the whole apc_call_t union is initialized before passing it to
the server. In contrast SERVER_START_REQ always initializes
__server_request_info to 0 before the client starts to fill the fields.
Probably that's the question to Alexandre whether we should memset(0)
apc_call_t before filling it, or just ignore valgrind warnings.

--
Dmitry.