ReadProcessMemory question

Dan Kegel dank06 at kegel.com
Sat Nov 17 11:05:33 CST 2007

Dave wrote:
> I am trying to read the memory of another process with
> ReadProcessmemory and I can only get it to work when
> I commit the entire region I want to read with VirtualAllocEx -
> but as you probably know when I do this it
> initializes the entire memory region to 0s.
> So my question is how do I get ReadProcessmemory to read from the region??

What are you trying to do?  A little more context might help.

FWIW, ReadProcessMemory has some drawbacks as an IPC mechanism:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2006/01/17/513779.aspx

Here are a few examples of how to use ReadProcessMemory:
http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=328279
http://www.codeproject.com/threads/int64_memsteal.asp