wininet: InternetAttemptConnect() Stub

Juan Lang juan.lang at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 09:28:40 CST 2007

Hi Pavel,

On Nov 19, 2007 6:30 AM, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
>   I have a problem running an offline client for ordering photo prints from
> digital cameras.
>   Even it is an "offline" client, it requires the computer to be online.
>   It seems that in wine, it feels to be offline, thus refusing further
> operation with a dialog saying something like "Internet connection unavailable"
> and terminating. The machine is normally connected to the LAN with full net
> availability.
>   The following is its full console log.
>
> patrol at gonio:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/droxi/OfflineClient$ wine PhotoOfflineClient.exe
> fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
> fixme:win:SetLayeredWindowAttributes (0x10030,0x00000000,255,2): stub!
> fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10028), partial stub!
> fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
> fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Close (0x199510)->(1)
> fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub

I don't think either wininet fixme is telling you anything worthwhile.
 As you already pointed out, the first one seems okay:  a LAN
connection is what it most likely expects anyway.  The second stub, if
you look at the source, returns ERROR_SUCCESS, which is what MSDN says
it should return if it succeeds.

I think you're going to have to try a +relay log and scanning through
it ti figure out why it thinks it's offline.
--Juan