wininet: InternetAttemptConnect() Stub

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Nov 19 23:26:44 CST 2007

> Hi Pavel,
>
> On Nov 19, 2007 6:30 AM, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> >   I have a problem running an offline client for ordering photo prints from
> > digital cameras.
> >   Even it is an "offline" client, it requires the computer to be online.
> >   It seems that in wine, it feels to be offline, thus refusing further
> > operation with a dialog saying something like "Internet connection unavailable"
> > and terminating. The machine is normally connected to the LAN with full net
> > availability.
> >   The following is its full console log.
> >
> > patrol at gonio:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/droxi/OfflineClient$ wine PhotoOfflineClient.exe
> > fixme:wininet:InternetGetConnectedState always returning LAN connection.
> > fixme:win:SetLayeredWindowAttributes (0x10030,0x00000000,255,2): stub!
> > fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x10028), partial stub!
> > fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
> > fixme:shdocvw:OleObject_Close (0x199510)->(1)
> > fixme:wininet:InternetAttemptConnect Stub
>
> I don't think either wininet fixme is telling you anything worthwhile.
>  As you already pointed out, the first one seems okay:  a LAN
> connection is what it most likely expects anyway.  The second stub, if
> you look at the source, returns ERROR_SUCCESS, which is what MSDN says
> it should return if it succeeds.
>
> I think you're going to have to try a +relay log and scanning through
> it ti figure out why it thinks it's offline.
> --Juan

Just for your info, you're right, I was not carefull enough to verify what's
happening and started writing too soon. The program is communicating happily
with a lot of servers, downloads a plenty of files... and then it writes that
the connection doesn't work. It seems that either it gets something wrong
from one of the servers, or it crashes for another reason and the message
is disinformative. I've captured its net activities by Wireshark and we are
going to compare them with the log gathered when it runs on windows.
  With regards, Pavel Troller