[AppDB] Change licence to AGPL

Trent Waddington trent.waddington at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 00:13:38 CST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 1:34 PM, Alexander Nicolaysen Sørnes
<alex at thehandofagony.com> wrote:
> Well I didn't think that was necessary; but after some thought I realize that
> the AppDB only seemed to include a LICENSE file containing the GPL v2, while
> a GPL/AGPL v3 change would require previous code to be licenced under 'GPL v2
> or later'.
>
> So I'm including the other authors in this mail to see if they agree, or have
> already licenced their code under GPL v2 or later
>
> Sorry for all the mess, but legal stuff isn't really my thing. :)

Yeah, it doesn't matter if they have licensed it under the GPL v2 or
later or not, you can't change the license on their code without their
permission, and if you don't get that permission in writing then they
can contest it at a later date should they ever decide they didn't
want the license changed.

Legal stuff is always messy :)

Trent