d3dx9__xx dlls

Michael Stefaniuc mstefani at redhat.com
Wed Nov 28 14:18:33 CST 2007

Vijay Kiran Kamuju wrote:
> On Nov 28, 2007 12:34 PM, Michael Stefaniuc <mstefani at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Maarten Lankhorst wrote:
>>>>
>>> One thing that comes to mind is: git-mv d3dx9_36 d3dx9_37 and create a
>>> forward dll for the old one.
>> Renames are "cheap" in git and we do not loose the history.
> I also think that rename is not a good idea.
Heh. I didn't say that i don't like renames. I said renames are a
workable solution: read there's no technical reason why to not use them.

> I would like propose a new idea, why dont we have different spec files
> inside wine_d3dx for all different versions of dlls.
> Its something like we have done it in the ole32.
> But, it requires some makefile/configure cruft.
There's no need to name that wine_d3dx. Nothing stops us to name it
d3d9x and have all the other versions generated inside that.

bye
	michael
Sr. Network Engineer            Fax.: +49-711-96437-111