widl [1/7]: Output working exception handling macros. [take 3]

Alexandre Julliard julliard at winehq.org
Thu Nov 29 07:57:50 CST 2007

Dan Hipschman <dsh at linux.ucla.edu> writes:

> In this revision, I leave setting permissions on page faults to the
> unhandled exception filter and simply ignore page faults on execution
> access (read access exceptions should be caught since they translate
> into bad stub data, but these don't pose a problem anyway).  I also
> fixed a bug regarding how the mask field of __widl_except_frame was
> set.

There's no reason to ignore execute access errors, those are bugs
too. You are still not filtering the exception properly though, the
condition checking has to be done directly in the handler, you can't
longjmp back to the code and then re-raise the exception. That's doubly
true for the finally handling. This means you have to generate different
handlers for the different exception conditions.

--
Alexandre Julliard
julliard at winehq.org