Interesting Behavior of OS X

Steven Edwards winehacker at
Thu Nov 29 08:31:26 CST 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 8:47 AM, Steven Edwards <winehacker at> wrote:
> PE Files were rejected on Tiger, which is interesting to me because I don't
> think that this is just a hold over from EFI support. I think it may be a sign
> of future addition of a Win32 subsystem to OS X.

More information

which contains

# local symbols to suppress

The project file references ImageLoaderPE.cpp, but that isn't included
in the source...
all the other files are here, so yes it really looks like they are
trying to hide support for
PE. Why would they go to all this trouble to hide Windows Binary support?

Steven Edwards