d3dx8 [patch 1/10] Implement D3DXPlaneFromPointNormal

Francois Gouget fgouget at free.fr
Fri Nov 30 11:43:31 CST 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, tony.wasserka at freenet.de wrote:

> > So, just to clarify, you propose to create a d3dx9.dll dll, putting its
> > code in dlls/d3dx9. Does this dll exist on Windows? If not, then we
> > should call it wined3dx9 (and its code would go in dlls/wined3dx9).
>
> Well, it shouldn't even be a dll, just a folder were put in all the d3dx9 code
> and let the d3dx9_xx.dlls just export the functions they need.

Then that code should not go in dlls/d3dx9 but in libs/d3dx9 or some
such.

> I don't know of how much the makefile system is capable, but maybe we can
> put all the d3dx9_xx.spec files in the same directory to improve overviewability,
> I don't like these 13 dlls/d3dx9 directories that much :D

In the pas we've had multiple dlls in a single dlls/xxx sub-directory...
but in sub-directories thereof. Anyway that's the past. Now it's all be
standardised:
 * for each dll we implement there one and only one subdirectory in
'dlls'
 * conversely, each 'dlls' subdirectory implements one and only one dll

That's quite practical to automate the generation of Makefiles, Visual
Studio projects, automated code checking, etc. Besides, what's an 13
extra directories in a sea of already 233 dlls.

      Broadcast message : fin du monde dans cinq minutes, repentez vous !