Are *any* games as popular as World of Warcraft?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Mon Oct 1 14:57:36 CDT 2007

On 10/1/07, Reece Dunn <msclrhd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Searching Google is only really useful around the time of release
> (with a suitable time window either side).

If that were true, I would expect World of Warcraft's google
search curve to have flatlined long ago, but instead it's
still going strong.  What's driving all those queries if not
user interest?

I certainly agree that other sources of data will show
things that Google query history doesn't, but that
huge signal for WoW has to mean something.